We are more than a Biotech company, we are a Lab.
We work hard in the fight against the antibiotic crisis, in order to offer cutting-edge solutions for the industry. At PhageLab, we are convinced that phages are the solution to ensure human and animal welfare.
This is a unique opportunity to boost your career and further develop your skills. We will accompany you to quickly get to know our principles, our culture, our goals and our standards. If you’re looking to join an agile, energetic workplace and a collaborative environment where you won’t have one day the same as another, this is the position for you!
Join our “Army of Phagers” to continue making our purpose, a reality: ScienceWorks. And we can prove it.
What do we need?
We are looking for a person with the conviction that “anything is possible” for the role of Software Engineer. The main purpose of this role is to develop, implement and maintain software, in order to create scalable and automated solutions that enable information visualization and data pipelines in a bioinformatics platform. In addition, implement the solutions in a continuous integration and delivery flow, documentation, detection, bug fixes, among others.
What do we need you for?
- Analyze and model user requirements.
- Investigate technologies in context when necessary to improve the quality and efficiency of applications.
- Design and implement the architecture to host the software in a productive environment.
- Develop software solutions from scratch, staying true to our company’s values and needs and bringing your own creativity to the mix.
- Revise and extend existing software to meet changing needs.
- Create scalable and automated solutions for our customer base and organization.
- Identify, document and promote software development best practices.
- Write and execute tests of existing and new code to ensure compatibility, stability and fault tolerance.
- Analyze and identify application performance improvement points and propose solutions when required.
- Monitor and correct software defects in production.
- Develop documentation for knowledge transfer.
- Train the team and end users on technologies and use of the developed software.
What knowledge, skills and abilities are we looking for?
At least 2 years of experience in the following topics:
- Software development or programming.
- In-depth knowledge of HTML5, CSS3.
- Knowledge of SQL.
- Knowledge of version control tools.
- Advanced English (desirable).
- Collaboration & Integrity.
- Innovation & Curiosity and Excellence.
- Discretion and Autonomy.
What do we offer you?
- A once in a lifetime opportunity to be part of a startup and be involved in the inflection point of our growth, with the possibility of making decisions that impact and create value.
- Unlimited opportunities to develop personally and professionally in a context of global growth.
- An unparalleled work team. We’re serious, every person here is extraordinary and unique because we love who you are.
- We have a game room where we share as “one team” (air field hockey, ping pong, Xbox, game table).
- We love to see each other’s faces in our offices in the renowned UC Innovation Center (Anacleto Angelini). Still, feel free to work from the place that suits you best.
- We don’t believe that a tie or good shoes make you smarter. T-shirts, shorts and sneakers are allowed.
- Competitive compensation package.
- Lots of benefits to come.
Diversity and inclusion are central to PhageLab, we believe it allows us to make better decisions and provides an excellent experience for everyone on our team.
We are committed to providing a fun, safe and welcoming experience for everyone who works with us. We encourage anyone who wants to, to apply for our vacancies and we privilege the right talent for each position, regardless of sexual orientation, disability, physical appearance, race, ethnicity, age or religious beliefs.
Do you feel you could be part of our team? APLLY HERE!